Sunday, February 15, 2009

Finally!

All that brilliant waiting and watching has paid off. We may not be on the airplane, but it is now in sight. I've enjoyed the flights, but next time I fly, I am going to carry a greatly reduced amount of luggage. I dread landing because each time we do, I'm afraid they're going to tell me that I can't take all of my stuff. I have a purse, a laptop, and a very, very heavy carry on. It's like a nightmare come true! However, God has been gracious and I haven't been stopped yet. Time to board!

Feb. 6th, 09
I have felt a myriad of emotions all throughout this trip. I've felt excitement, sorrow, peace, uneasiness... but never have I doubted whether I'm headed where Christ wants me. I do wonder what He'll be able to do through me. My prayer is that I will fulfill the purpose that Christ has for me. I don't want to come on my own strength, for truly I have nothing to give these children that anyone else could not give them. May I be here only to do the will of him that sent me!

Feb 7th, 09
We arrived in Uganda at about 3:00 in the afternoon. We waited at the airport for another man and then picked up the whole Keith Stensaas family. We ate at a very nice Chinese restaurant in Kampala city. It was beautiful, but I was so exhausted.
We dropped the Stensaas family back off at the Willis' house and drove to the hotel hat Bryan, Cheri, Dad, and I will be staying in for a few days. All I wanted to do was sleep, but both Dad and I hadn't bathed since we left home. So I laid down to wait as dad bathed... and fell asleep.

It is incredibly beautiful in this country. the people are incredibly poor. You can look at pictures and watch videos all you want, but you won't understand until you've been here. I'm not sure I even understand yet.

2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Wow Rebekah!
I can't believe you're over there already!
I've been praying for you and will keep you in my prayers every day!
You are such a sweet friend and such a Christlike and godly example.
Keep Shining for Christ!
Love you lots!
~Jacqueline

Heidi Chaffee said...

Bekie, It is so nice to get an update!!! We have been praying for you. Love you, Heidi
P.S. ALL of us miss our Bekah =)