Sunday, February 15, 2009

Feb 4th, 09

And so, we're off! Actually we left home at 5:15 this morning. we flew out of Washington at 7:00. We are now at the airport in New Jersey. When we let Washington the sun was just rising. That was only 8 hours ago. It's dark in New Jersey and it does feel like we've been travelling all day!
It has been hard to sleep these past few days. It hurts to leave everyone I love, but I am excited to see what the days and weeks ahead of me have in store.

Ah! We are now in London. We got here at 6:00am and it is now 6:30pm. They must really like us, because we got the longest layover we could possibly get without spending the night. Dad and I are both exhausted. We weren't able to check our bags in until 12:00, which meant we had two carts full of luggage and we couldn't go anywhere. Not only that, but London won the contest for fewest and most uncomfortable chairs. It must be a health program. I have heard that's it's better for you to stand than to sit. You burn more calories faster when standing.
We did manage to sleep for a few hours, checked our bags in, found a place to eat, and then slept for a few more hours in the restaurant. You can' imagine how embarrassing i is to wake up and find hat they've cleared your table without you noticing. They could have taken our bags and we would have slept right through it.
Not only was this a nice restaurant, but it was THE restaurant that pioneered natural food! And they've only been doing it since 1980-something. I was wondering how anyone survived before "Something A Manger" began pioneering natural food. Pretty ridiculous, but it was fun to joke about. I had sushi; Dad made fun of me. Dad ate a flavorless bacon sandwich (That's what happens when it's natural); I made fun of him! Then we fell back asleep.
We are now waiting for the screen to tell us which gate we'll be at, so I have to sign off.
Watching the screen,
Rebekah

No comments: