Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My Day by Day and Door to Door Friend


I have a friend they know not of.
He's with me all the day.
He gently bids me to keep on.
He lights the darkest way.

They mock at me, They scorn His name,
They hope to see me fall;
But lovingly He hold my hand
And bids me love them all.

The doors may slam, the words may cut,
Yet as I face the next
I turn to Him and remind Him that
He's promised His Word to bless.

I have a friend they know not of.
I'm holding to His hand.
And with His heart so close to mine
I'll fear not any man.

Psalms 31:20-21
"Thou shalt hide them in the secret of thy presence from the pride of man: thou shalt keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues.
Blessed be the Lord: for he hath shewed me His marvellous kindness in a strong city."

1 comment:

taytay said...

that is so good and so true rebekah! sounds like JO is pretty rough, but going well too :)