Thursday, March 11, 2010

"Just Start With One"

Today as I worked with Trenton on writing his numbers, he optimistically wrote a whole line of one’s and a whole line of two’s. Of course after each two he had me look. “I did it, Bekah!” He was so pleased with himself, as was I, since we had struggled with the number two for several hours the precious two days. He seemed so pleased with himself. However, he wasn’t quite so confident with his three’s Before he had even finished his two’s he asked me, “Do I have to do a whole line of three’s? Can I just do three? I told him, “Just start with one.”
I found it interesting though, because just this morning I had been asking God similar questions. “Are You going to have me stay here, or are You going to let me go to college?” “Where will I be in five months?”
However, God was probably looking at me as I did Trenton and saying, “Just start with today.” Just this morning I read Psalm 55:17, which says, “Evening, and morning, and at noon,, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice.” Why am I crying for tomorrow before I have lived today. In Lamentations 3:22 and 23 the Bible says, “It is of the Lord’s merices that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.”
God is not with us only in the big decisions. He wants us to rely on Him every step of the way. I let go of His hand so often and try to find the right way by myself. It is truly of the Lord’s mercy that I am not consumed. There is little that I like better than walking to new places and discovering something, and like most single woman, I look forward to the day when I will have someone to hold my hand during these adventures. But if I was to look at my life through the eyes of God, I would see that I already have that. God promises that He will never leave me, forsake me, or leave me comfortless. I have the best travelling companion one could ask for. He is the Most High God.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

God has given you an amazing gift. He has given you the ability to write. What a blessing this post was to me. Please keep writing(no burying this talent in the ground).
Mrs. Koehler

FbcSpanish said...

I echo what Mrs. koehler said. Please don't bury this gift in the ground. It's amazing to see the "inside" of my sister like this. Thank you for giving us a look inside.
Ben

Unknown said...

I pray that you truly understand the gift the Lord has given you in your ability to write. You bring me to tears and humble my heart. The love of the Lord shines through you, and you express it so beautifully. You are right, in His time, He will show you where you are to be. I know you desire to go to college, but do you begin to understand how you touch the hearts of others with the gift the Lord has given you? What more can one ask for?
Praying for you. Thank you for sharing your gift.
Mrs. Winter