Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Long Life Insurance


It is a well known fact that children are not only invincible, they are immortal. To the child anything is possible. My brother Jacob wanted to be a missionary baseball player when he was younger. My sister Victoria is a princess. I wanted to have 100 children! However, with years comes a dampening of our creativity. Adults realize that there are boundaries.
As a child, I remember thinking, “I know that most people die, but I just don’t think I know how to die. I might be the first person to live forever.” I wasn’t being cocky. My young mind just couldn’t imagine that my body, so full of life and the ability to eat anything, climb anything, dream anything… could ever lose that spark that we call life.
As I have grown, I have recognized life for what it is. It is a gift from God. However, unlike eternal life, our life here on earth is fleeting. As the Bible says it is like a vapor, it appeareth for a little while and then vanishes away. No man will live forever. No man has a guarantee that he will be able to take another breath.
Are you worried about how long you have left? Would you like to know that you are going to live a long and prosperous life? Are looking for the recipe for peace in this fleeting and changing world? Look no further! The Bible has the guaranteed solution for all your fears, frustrations, and failures. Let’s take a look!
Exodus 20:12
“Honor thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.”

Deuteronomy 5:16
“Honor thy father and thy mother, as the Lord thy God hath commanded thee; that thy days may be prolonged, and that it may be well with thee, in the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee:”

Proverbs 3:1-2
“My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments:
For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee.”

Proverbs 4:10
“Hear, O my son, and receive my sayings; and the years of thy life shall be many.”

Ephesians 6:1-3
“Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.
Honor thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise;
That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.”

Like anything else, long life does not come without some cost. The cost: right living. It may not be easy, but I can guarantee it will be worth it. Evaluate your life today. Do you qualify for length of days, peace, and a well life? God commands that you should.

No comments: