Monday, March 8, 2010

That Which We Cannot Hold



Proverbs 23:4-5
"Labor not to be rich: cease from thine own wisdom.
Wilt thou set thine eyes upon that which is not? for riches certainly make themselves wings; they fly away as an eagle toward heaven."

Psalm 39:4-5
"Lord, make me to know mine end, and the measure of my days, what it is; that I may know how frail I am.
Behold, thou hast made my days as an handbreadth; and mine age is as nothing before thee: verily every man at his best state is altogether vanity. Selah."

Jeremiah 9:23-24
"Thus saith the Lord, let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches:
But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the Lord which exercise loving-kindness, judgement, and righteousness in the earth: for in these things I delight sayeth the Lord."

1 comment:

Walking With Christ said...

Great verses. :) and GREAT! picture.. did you take that?? It's a wonderful picture Hope you all are feeling better.. Praying for your family.