Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Though He Slay Me

Abram was a man of God.
He walked before the Lord.
God promised this great man a son.
He trusted in God’s Word.

And truly when the time was ripe,
And Abram old in years,
God gave to him his promised son.
Abram praised with joyful tears.

Many years from that time passed
And Isaac grew to be
A man of God much like his dad;
Abram thanked God joyfully.

But then God asked the strangest thing:
“Give your son to Me.”
Abram wept and yet he said,
“Yes, Lord. I will trust thee.”

Though You take and wring from me
The very breath of life,
Though you kill my only son
And offspring of my wife,

Still I’ll lift thy name in song.
Still I’ll hope in thee.
Though Thou slay and break me, Lord,
Still I will trust in Thee.

As Isaac placed himself upon
The altar he had made,
His face he raised and through his tears
This prayer of praise he said:

“Lord, I will lift Thy name in song.
Lord I will hope in Thee.
Though the fires round me rage,
Still I will trust in Thee!”

As God looked down upon these men,
A smile graced his face.
A tear drop trickled from His eye
At their sacrificial faith.

“My child, you need not kill your son.
For I’ll provide the lamb.
Your love and faith in Me you’ve proved.
I have the perfect plan.”

And so our Lord and Heav’nly King,
Turned to His perfect son.
“I need a perfect, spotless lamb.
You are the only one.”

As Jesus hung upon a tree,
He turned His eyes above,
And to His father’s tear stained face,
He sang this song of love:

“My father, though you slay me;
Though you turn your face from me,
Still I will love and praise your name;
Still I will trust in thee.”

Oh God, Dear Heav’nly Father,
You gave Your son for me.
May I with trust and simple faith,
Love and trust in thee.



Job 13:14
“Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.”

1 comment:

FbcSpanish said...

Just started my own at http://fcbspanish.blogspot.com/ Let me know what you think.
Ben